Friday, August 31, 2007

Busy Busy

I know its been a few days since we posted; sorry its been very busy since Jake went back to work on Wednesday.

My first day home with Zoey by ourselves went great! Zoey and I played for most of the day with me reading books and changing her clothes just about as often. Jake came home and we went for a walk as a family; the weather out here has been wonderful. Thursday we went and saw Zoey's newborn pictures at Davis Photo. OH MY GOD, they turned out so awesome. It took Jake and I two hours to pick out the pictures; of course, Lisa was a lot of help. We then went to Grandma LaGranges' for a mid-afternoon feeding which turned into a grandma play session that lasted until around 8 pm. Needless to say, we were tired and slept for most of the night on Thursday only getting up at 3:30 am and 7 am when dad had to go to work.

Today, I went and saw my college friend Amy who was in town (Ft. Dodge) for the weekend from Colorado. I was really nervous about our first long trip together in the car; Ft. Dodge is about an hour away. We left at around 11:30 and Zoey slept the whole time on the way to Ft. Dodge. She then played with Mel and Ann Lenox (Amy's Parents) and of course Amy. I had a great time, catching up with the Lenox's (I hear Nick and Jon now have girlfriends) and Amy played with Zoey like a pro! Zoey ate there twice, and then we came home again slept the whole way home. We got home just in time for Dad to get home from work then I went on a long walk/run with Alyce. I ran for the first time, just a block at a time and it felt great. Some would say its too soon but my body was screaming it was time. I promise I did not over do it, just baby steps :).

Well, that's about it. Jake works the weekend, he is talking about asking Mandy and Adam to go to a movie tomorrow night then I can maybe watch the girls. Were REALLY excited for Zoey to watch her first IOWA game tomorrow!!!!! Jake does have Labor day off which will be nice it sounds like we are going to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner!!!!

Well talk to you all soon, sorry I missed a few days..

Jake, Sarah, Zoey and Alyce

No comments: