Monday, June 28, 2010

The weekend of why

That title is so fitting for this weekend. Zoey is now constantly asking WHY?? Even for the simplest of things. Typically two to three rounds of the why is enough to satisfy her inquisitive side. Even before she entered this phase I had promised that I would never say "because I said so". That isn't the type of child that I want to raise and I still feel that in my soul, but sometimes what you want and what you deliver in the moment of chaos or so different. Every interaction is a renewed effort to grow her spirit and develop her into the beautiful little girl, inside and out, that she already is.

We had a great weekend, went to the Sturgis celebration on Saturday and then Zoey got to go and have a sleepover at Mimi and Grandpa's one of her favorite things. We went and got her Sunday morning and then went swimming, got a hair cut and played out side. It was a great weekend.

We are struggling with the in between that is Zoe's life right now, she doesn't want to be a baby or really even a little kid, but it is a struggle for her to be as grown up as she wants to be. Its such a fine line to walk and I hope that I as well as her continue to walk it with grace and patience and understand that by the end of the summer this to shall pass and she will be a full fledged kid.

Have a great week!

No comments: